Northpoint Consulting Inc Privacy Statement
Our Privacy Statement was posted on March 31, 2023. It governs the privacy terms of our website, located at northpoint-inc.com (the “Website”).
Our Website follows all legal requirements to protect your privacy. Northpoint is committed to the highest level of personal and corporate ethical standards in the conduct of its business. We respect the privacy of individuals who visit this web site and are committed to protecting the confidentiality of their personal information.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject: Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- User: The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
- Personal Data
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, Name, Address, Cookies and Usage Data.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you about employment engagement opportunities, to share newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
- Usage Data
We may also collect information about how the Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website
- To maintain our database of technical resources/contractors
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website if you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service
- To monitor the usage of our Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other solutions, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already requested or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your country/territory other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Northpoint may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests, and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Access to Your Data
Northpoint aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Northpoint relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service (“Service Providers”), to perform website-related services on our behalf or to assist us in analyzing how our Webite is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.